The Lovely Professional University, [LPU] Punjab, is one of the newest and the fastest growing institutions in the country. Established in 2005 by Baldev Raj Mittal, the university first faced a lot of criticism for their name. Here is how the story goes.
Lovely Sweets was a sweet shop and a household name for the homes of Punjab during the 1960s. Later on, as the business expanded, the sons and grandsons started to acquire other companies in the name of Lovely. Then, ‘Lovely’ as a brand was very well know and recognisable. Everyone knew about them. At a point, they decided to open a university, but it took them two years to get government approval for such a ‘lovely’ name. It began to serve children of wealthy Punjabi businessmen. People were able to link Lovely Sweets to LPU, so that umbrella branding helped the university with the kickstart it needed.
Today, LPU caters over 24,000 students in a single 600-acre campus with an in-house residence to more than 10,000.
LPU Admission Details:
LPU has a variety of courses to choose from; all these courses are prepared with research and keeping in mind the best for the students
The eligibility for the classes is different from one another. You can look up the eligibility criteria on the official website or GetMyUni.
For the Application Procedure, follow these steps:
- Open the Lovely Professional University official website and click on the Apply Now button on the top of the screen. You should land to such a page:
- Upon reaching this page, fill in all the necessary details carefully. Click on the Register Now button. The university will now contact you on your e-mail and phone number with an OTP.
- Enter the OTP correctly on the prompted dialogue box.
Upon entering the OTP, you will proceed to another page requiring you to fill the Minimum Qualification. Here on, one can select the courses and carry on with the application procedure.
Lovely Professional University is known for its placements. From Google to Amazon, Trident to Ritz Carlton, all big players come and recruit from LPU. According to a study by Zee in 2016, LPU ranked at No. 11 for Best University in Placements.
On an average every year, 500 companies, including 50 of which are top tier, come to LPU for recruitment. Companies like Amazon, Bosch and Cognizant hire students in bulk where Amazon paid 28 Lac per Annum to some of the newcomers. Adding, Microsoft, ISRO, Ashok Leyland and Hyundai motors are some examples of internships they provide. With such an extensive list of companies coming to recruit, we surely can tell about the quality of education there.
Life at LPU:
As per the life at LPU, it indeed is incredible. Let us look at a few points of infrastructure facilities:
- A huge 600-acre campus tied up with Jio for their internet connectivity.
- A green campus with excellent road connectivity with Electric Rickshaws provided for an in-campus commute.
- Clean and well-built buildings with modern amenities.
- Comfortable hostels with guards 24×7.
- Drug-free institution.
- Excellent pure vegetarian food.