Bachelor of Engineering [BE] Course
About BE Course:
Engineering is the creative usage of Mathematical techniques, Science and Sensory Experience to the construction and maintenance of Real-time Applications. The BE Course is of 4 years duration. This course segregates into different branches of Engineering like Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Electronics & Communications, Civil, Computer Science, and others. BE Qualified students can get Placed in the conglomerate Companies like Google, Microsft, Amazon, Uber, Infosys and many more. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducts exams of JEE main and JEE Advanced for admission to BE courses. However, different colleges have different procedures for admission to BE Course.
BE Course-Important Highlights:
|Course Duration||4 Years.|
|Age||18 to 21 Years|
|Subjects Qualification||Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology in 12th|
Top Colleges for BE:
Below is the list of Top BE Colleges in India:
- IIT Delhi
- Bombay IIT
- IIT Kharagpur
- Kanpur IIT
- BITS, Pilani
- NIT Karnataka
- VIT University
- College of Engineering, Pune
- IIIT, Hyderabad
Students can choose one of the below-mentioned specializations for BE Course according to their interest.
Below is the list of popular BE Specializations in India:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agriculture & Food Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Textile Engineering
BE Course Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification: Student should be passed in 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Maths with a good percentage.
- Entrance Exams: For the reputed Colleges like IITs, admission to BE Course is through JEE Main Exam only. There are also other national and state level Entrance exams like Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT), Vellore Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam [VITJEE] etc. Such Exams are conducted by different Colleges and Universities across India.
BE Course Admission Procedure:
Students have to appear in various Entrance Exams and after Qualifying in these exams, selected students are called for document verification at the allotted College.
List of Exams Conducted by CBSE:
- Joint Entrance Exam Mains [JEE Mains].
- Joint Entrance Exam Advance [ JEE Advance].
List of Exams Conducted by Universities:
- Birla Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam [BITJEE].
- Vellore Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam [VITJEE].
- SRM Joint Entrance Exam [SRMJEE]
- Manipal Entrance Test [MET].
- Kaling Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam [ KIIT JEE].
List of State Level Exams:
- Kerala Engineering Medical Agriculture Entrance Exam[KEAM].
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam [WBJEE]
- Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET]
- Assam Common Entrance Examination[ACEE]
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test
- Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU)
- Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination (JEECE)
- Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations(JKCET)
BE Course Syllabus:
BE course is of 4 years duration(8 semesters) with some of the subjects as:
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electronic Devices & Semiconductors
- Database Management Systems and many more
BE Course Career Opportunities:
|Computer Science||Database Management
|Electronics & Communication||Electronics Engineer
Field Test Engineer
Network Planning Engineer
Electronics and Communications Consultant
Customer Support Engineer
|Civil Engineering||Building Developers
Road & Rail Transport Developer
Dam & Bridge Developer