About Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore
Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore was established in the year 1900 by an American missionary. It is a private minority educational and research institute. The college is affiliated to the TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai. It aims at providing high-quality healthcare to those who need it the most. CMC, Vellore offers an extensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate and high specialty courses in medicine, nursing, and allied health sciences and disciplines. It is one of the topmost medical colleges in India. Christian Medical College curriculum is unique and is a combination of programme based, community-based, competency-based, and problem-based curriculum.
The college has been accredited by National Assesment and Accreditation Council [NAAC] and is recognized by the University Grants Commission [UGC]. CMC Vellore was awarded the Public Health Champion Award by the WHO (World Health Organization) in 2015. Currently, CMC offers 19 Postgraduate programmes (MD/ MS), 22 Higher Specialty programmes at the DM and MCh levels, 11 PG Diploma programmes, 5 MSc programmes, 6 Post-Graduate Fellowship programmes, and around 43 post-doctoral fellowship programmes and a wide range of about 40 Allied Health Sciences programmes.
Recognitions, Affiliations, and Accreditations:
- University Grants Commission [UGC]
- The college within its affiliation to the TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai
- National Assesment and Accreditation Council [NAAC]
Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore Admissions
Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore Admissions are for the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and high specialty courses in medicine, nursing and allied health sciences and disciplines.
- The programmes come under Undergraduate are MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, and other diploma courses.
- There is no NRI quota in the college.
- Admissions are on the basis of merit, entrance exams, few other tests, and interviews.
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with a minimum aggregate of 60% from any recognized board.
- The students need to get ‘No Objection Certificate’ by the government of India.
- The students should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
- The Programmes come under Postgraduate are MD and MS.
- The students should have completed MBBS and 1 year
- Internship and Medical Council Registration.
- The students need to get ‘No Objection Certificate’ by the Government of India.
- Admissions are based on the performance in entrance tests, clinical tests, and interview.
CMC Vellore Facilities
- The library came into existence in the early 1960s.
- Serving the varied needs of our readers efficiently is the main objective of Library.
- The library uses the National Library of Medicine Classification (NLM) for Medical Books and the Library of Congress Classification (LC) for General books for stack arrangements.
- Searches are carried out using the library Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC).
- The library portal includes access to full-text electronic journals databases, a collection of e-books, Abstracts of the Thesis, and the availability of Institutional Repositories and other web-based portals and links.
- The college provides separate accommodation for boys and girls.
- Residing in the hostel is mandatory for students of MBBS, BSc Nursing, and Diploma in Nursing courses.
- Hostel accommodation is available to students of other courses as well, depending on availability.
CMC Vellore Placements
Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore has a placement training cell for the Department of Nephrology provides the basic skills required in Nephrology practice. The college has placements opportunities throughout the year.
CMC Vellore Contact Details
- Address: Christian Medical College, Ida Scudder Road, Vellore – 632004, Tamil Nadu, India
- Phone Number: 0416-2281000, 3070000
- Email ID: email@example.com