About Indian Institute of Management, IIM Ahmedabad
Established in 1961, Indian Institute of Management, IIM Ahmedabad was the result of joint efforts of Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai, and then Chief Minister of Gujarat, Dr. Jivraj Mehta. It comes under the IIM society built under the Society’s Act. Managed by the board, IIM Ahmedabad enjoys operational freedom. The Institution is one of the best management schools in India. Moreover, the IIMA programmes rank among several international rankings. IIMA became the first management school in the country to be certified by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). The Institute operates with the aim of creating leaders of tomorrow.
IIM Ahmedabad Campus
The campus is spread over 106 acres in Vastrapur, Ahmedabad. The National Institute of Design designed the campus. American architect Louis Kahn and B.V Doshi are the architects. The campus consists of the following:
- Main Entrance – Havard Steps
- Loius Kahn Plaza
- RJMCEI Auditorium Plaza
- Vikram Sarabhai Library
- The Promenade
- Computer Labs
- Court Yard
- International Management Development Centre
- Married student house and living rooms
IIM Ahmedabad Awards and Rankings
The Institute is internationally claimed and it attracts numerous awards and recognition for its contribution. Some of the notable awards and ranks are as follows:
- 21st Rank in 2017 in Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings
- 29th Rank in 2017 in Financial Times Global MBA Rankings
- 1st Rank in 2017 in Eduniversal Best Master’s Ranking in Agribusiness/ Food Industry Management
- 1st Rank in 2017 by Businessworld, Business India, Business Today, Outlook
- In 2018 it topped the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) (Management Category)
- The institute ranked 31st in the FT (Financial Times) Global MBA Ranking 2018 in its top 100 list of B-Schools
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Ahmedabad Admissions
The Indian Institute of Management, IIM Ahmedabad Admissions, are very competitive. Especially for courses like the postgraduate diploma in management. It includes two-year postgraduate programme PGP, one-year full-time course PGPX and ePost Graduate Programme (ePGP) in Management. Doctoral level fellowship programmes are also offered by the institute. Candidates get admission on the basis of merit list of the entrance exam. The official site of the Institute has a detailed description of the admission procedure.
IIM Ahmedabad Placements
The institute started an initiative Indian Placement Reporting Standards (IPRS), in an effort to standardize placement records of B-schools. IPRS is helping various institutes, recruiters to ensure the privacy of the individual data and setting report aggregate statics. The institute is visited by a number of recruiters. More than 104 firms visited the campus in 2017. Leading companies like Amazon, Accenture, Aditya Birla Group are among the top recruiters.
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad is one of the most prestigious and celebrated institutes in the country. The institute provides the best learning environment for the students. Under the guidance of world-class faculty, the students attain the skills to cope up in the current industry standards. The institute provides the best overall experience in terms of education, placements, and campus facility. With an enormous network of alumni, the institute is set to progress more in the future in terms of national and international standards.
IIM Ahmedabad Contact Details
- Address: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India – 380015
- Phone:+91 79 66323456 / 26308357
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org