About Panjab University, Chandigarh
Panjab University, Chandigarh was established in 1882, but founded in 1947. It was ranked number one University in India. Also, the university ranked in the bracket 276-300 internationally. University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres. It has 78 teaching and research departments along with 15 Centers/Chairs for teaching and research. It has 188 affiliated colleges spread over Punjab.
The mission of Punjab University, Chandigarh is to incorporate for the purpose of making provision for imparting education in Arts, Science and the learned professions. It has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in various fields. The university supports excellence and innovation in academic programmes. Promotion of excellence in research, scholarship, and teaching is the motto. The University commits to attract and support the best students and faculty, who excel at teaching and research. Moreover, the college treats all the students with respect.
Panjab University, Chandigarh Admissions
The University offers following PG/UG/Certificate/Diploma/Advance Diploma/ P.G. Diploma courses. Panjab University, Chandigarh Admissions for U.G./ P.G. courses can be done by submitting a form, online.
Courses based on JEE are B.E in Food Technology, IT, CS, Mechanical etc. Candidates need to submit online at “http://onlineadmissions.puchd.ac.in”. Below list mention courses that requires submission of online forms:
- Courses base on CET-PG is MSc in various fields, M.Tech in various fields and ME in Various fields.
- LL.B is 3-YEAR COURSE which includes Department of Laws, PU; PURC, Ludhiana; PURC, Muktsar; PUSSGRC
- Based on aptitude courses are MSc, MA, BSc etc
- PU Regional Centre, Muktsar M.A.: English, Economics, Punjabi, Political Science.
- Offline Admission Form of PURC, Kauni: B.A., B.Com, BBA & PGDCA (Hardcopy of the Admission Form along with the documents is to be submitted to the Centre. Cost of Admission Form is Rs. 75/-.
Panjab University, Chandigarh Facilities
There are seventeen Residence Halls for students on the campus, 8 each for boys and 9 for girls. These halls accommodate more than 6000 students. These hostels have a clean and neat environment and comfortable to stay. The hostel provides healthy food. The hostel at Panjab University will always make you feel at home.
The Library building has central air-conditioning. The library houses more than six lakh volumes. It also has a seating accommodation of 500 readers. Along with the two main reading halls, there are reading rooms in the Special and Periodicals Collections Sections. Above all, there is an Outer Reading Hall for studying personal books. Even the library is very strict about its borrowing policies.
The Computer Culture at the Panjab University, Chandigarh dates back to 1966. The computer center has been providing computing and network facilities to the whole of the campus. The connection between departments is through the optical fiber. Due to the presence of optical fiber, the internet is at the speed of light. All Hostels have Wi-Fi connections and students can access the internet with their devices.
Panjab University, Chandigarh Contact Details
- Address: Main Enquiry, Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall, Near Post Office [Old UIET Building]- 160014
- Telephone: 1800-180-2065, 2534818, 2534866
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org