Top M.Tech Structural Engineering Colleges in India
The structural engineering is a part of civil engineering which is mainly responsible for creating physical structure of the particular construction. These engineers are specialized in forming and designing a shape of the structure. Structural engineers need to study and calculate the stability, strength, rigidity of the building structure. Basically, the main purpose of structural engineering is to create the best structure for the object that helps to ease functioning and maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall performance of the object.
Pyramid’s were the greatest achievement of the ancient structural engineering with the stupendous idea, calculation, measurement and design that’s made the result that can be seen even after thousands of years. Even in today’s world, the structural engineering takes a huge role in constructing Buildings, Dams, Bridges, Towers etc in the development projects of the country.
Career in Structural Engineering
- The skills and concepts of Structural Engineering are one of the most demanding after the Software Development Engineering.
- The candidates can work with different development projects conducted by both the Central or the State Government.
- There are lots of other scopes in Private Sector jobs for the structural engineering.
- One can develop its own structure and find a market for it.
- The related project for structural engineering consists of designing buildings, bridges, pipelines, industrial structuring, ships and vehicle etc.
- The candidates interested in teaching can also join in research and teaching position in the University.
Salary Package for M.Tech Structural Engineering
- The salary for the particular job depends on the field in which the candidate is working, their experience, skills etc.
- In the private sector, the remuneration is in the range of INR 12,000-20,000 per month.
- In the government departments, the initial salary starts from INR 8,000 to 12,000.
- The remuneration for the professors in any university is fixed by the UGC.
- The engineers with high experience and advance degree can get a salary of around INR 50,000 to 60,000 per month.
- And freelancing is highly demanded in the world market and even higher in the pay, almost INR 1,00,000+ for the candidate with 1 or 2 years experience.
- There is no separate B.Tech and BE in structural engineering so the candidates must take B.Tech and BE in Civil/Mechanical engineering from a reputed institution.
- The applicant must be from Science Background with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects in intermediate class.
- The candidates applying in IIT or NIT must appear for the JEE / GATE entrance examination.
- The student applying for M.Tech must have B.Tech or BE as the Bachelor’s degree.
List of Top M.Tech Structural Engineering Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- BITS Pilani
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- College of Engineering, Anna University