Top MBA Operations Management Colleges in India
As a result of “Make in India” project by Government of India, India is going to be a manufacturing hub. Operation is an integral part of any manufacturing industry. So being an MBA holder in operations will give you plenty of job opportunities in the future. MBA in Operations Management is most suitable if you have pursued graduation with technical subjects.
What is Operations Management?
Operations Management is not just logistics and supply chain, but it also includes operations of a business, manufacturing plant, or operations of a services business. It is concerned with converting materials and labor into goods and services as efficiently as possible to maximize the profit of an organization.
MBA in Operations Management
MBA in Operations Management is the understanding of any business’s operations or in other words, it’s learning about how the business is run. Studying an MBA in operations management commonly offers a global perspective on industry trends and an awareness of any financial regulations or political uncertainties that could impact an organization.
MBA in Operations Management & Engineering
There is a close tie between Operations Management and Production, it is not uncommon to see Engineering students opting for this MBA specialization. Technical knowledge like Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering etc and Management education (Operations Management) will help one boost his/her career prospects! Having a background in engineering can be of great help for MBAs who want to go into Operations Management.
Scope for MBA in Operations Management
Graduates of an MBA program in Operations Management can work as Supply Chain Managers, Logistics Managers, Consultants, and more. Graduates will have mastered coursework in quality, project management, and service operations strategy, among other topics. The responsibility of an operation manager to ensure that the production process is eco-friendly and energy efficient to the most possible extent.
So a wide range of careers can be pursued with an MBA in Operations Management. Top companies such as L&T Engineering, TVS motors, Zuari group, Bosch are some examples hiring freshly minted MBAs for their operations. Banks such as Yes Bank also hire for their operations.
Salary of Operations Manager
MBA in operations is a high paying job in India as well as abroad. On acquiring enhanced qualifications like MBA, Operation Manager the average salary of a beginner will be about INR 4 to 6 lacs per annum but highly depending on the MBA school you graduated from and the company you are hired in. Operations Managers with experience of three to five years can draw an average salary of INR 6 to 9 lakhs per annum.
List of Top MBA Operations Management Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research – Mumbai
- SJM School of Management – Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies – Mumbai
- School of Business Studies, Shobhit University – Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Balasaheb Tirpude College Of Hotel Management And Catering Technology – Nagpur, Maharashtra
- School of Management Studies, University Hyderabad – Andhra Pradesh
- Alliance University – Bangalore, Karnataka
- Amity University, Noida
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Department of Management Studies, New Delhi